Below are some screenshots of the FULL Wikipedia converted to Plucker format. The full content of the Wikipedia was fetched page-by-page using a local instance of the data imported into MySQL, after many custom modifications were made to the Mediawiki software that drives it, to make it more usable on handheld devices.
If you’d like me to convert other works of this quality email me and let me know.
To view this in the best format possible, you can use my Plucker Anti-aliased fonts. I’ve converted the fonts shown here in these screenshots here into a format suitable for Plucker.
When this project is fully completed, I will be making it available for download at a modest cost for any and all users who are interested in having the full Wikipedia material on their Palm device. This project took roughly 80 hours of time to modify, write some additional conversion filters, import and convert. The conversion process takes roughly 4 days for each pass, on a fast machine. Its BIG.
This version has literally millions of entries interlinked between thousands of pages. Everything you see in the screenshots below in red, is a link that does not yet exist in Wikipedia. I will be updating this work on a regular basis, so that it continuously improves and continues to grow (and those red links will become blue, and usable).
- mobileQuote, the full Wikquote project in Plucker format for PalmOS devices
- dictoPlucker, the FULL Wiktionary in Plucker format for PalmOS handheld devices
- Updated News on Wikipedia in Plucker Format
- Online Dating Guide in Plucker format
- Subversion book converted to Plucker format
- “Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer’s Guide” (first edition) in Plucker format